Jenna at A Home Away From Home asked me to write a guest post for her since she and her boyfriend went on a weekend road trip, so of course I was happy to help her out! I love reading about her adventures in South Africa, which is a country that I’ve definitely fantasized about living in many times…
I think it all began when I became really close friends (also former roomie) with this girl during my time in Chicago, who grew up in Johannesburg. Her father owns a huge company there, and she’d use to tell me her stories about the international school she attended, her Monica Bellucci look-a-like best friend, her hot German lawyer boyfriend, her awesome job as a translator, how the weather is always so warm and sunny….Needless to say, I’ve put it at the top of my countries to see list.
Anyway, if you’re in need of some packing advice (summer vacation is almost upon us!), check out my post (as well as Jenna’s blog!) here.
- How I started my travel blog, and my journey from Blogger to a self hosted WordPress site
- Derry: UK City of Culture 2013 (A Guest Post)
- Postcards from Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria
- 3 Reasons to Visit Sharm el-Sheikh After Egypt’s Revolution (A Guest Post)
- Fun Facts About Australia According to Bill Bryson