Hi, I’m Michelle!
I caught the travel bug early on when my parents took me to New York City for the first time, and I discovered the city that never sleeps at an age when I still had curfews. Since then, I’ve lived in Montreal, Chicago, spent a summer in China, backpacked across Australia, and I’ve been living the expat life in Europe for almost three years now (and going country hopping whenever I can!) Currently, I’m a Master’s student in Germany.
Along the way I’ve…
- had my work appear in the Wall Street Journal
- auditioned for a MTV reality show
- ate strange food in the night street markets in Beijing (and didn’t get sick!)
- climbed the Great Wall of China
- snorkelled in the Great Barrier Reef
- driven across the 75 Mile beach highway on Fraser Island (there were dingos!)
- got hired as a flight attendant
- sailed the Whitsundays
- was chosen to be in a beauty pageant
- been mistaken as a local in Paris
- attempted to climb the Swiss Alps
- indulged in a bit too much gelato and pizza in Italy
- discovered the wonders of an Amsterdam coffee shop
- had my purse stolen in Barcelona and somehow made it back to Germany without any ID or money
- was hungry in Hungary
- relived my childhood love for everything British in London!
- drank beer at 9am at Oktoberfest (three years in a row now – is there a trophy?)
- swam in the many beaches of Dubrovnik
- got locked in a hostel in Bratislava – gulp! – but survived
And so much more.
Of course, there’s always the countless people I’ve met along the way who have changed and made my life more special, all the memories that will last a lifetime, and the dilemma of having too many travel books that clutter up my room.
How do you travel so much?
People always ask me this and truthfully, it’s not as hard as it looks. I’m not from a wealthy family, but I’ve managed to finance all my travels and still graduate debt-free by looking for opportunities such as studying abroad on a scholarship, travelling and working abroad on a Holiday Working Visa or working as an English teacher.
Travel doesn’t have to be expensive if you do your research. I hope my blog will help and inspire you to embark on your next big adventure!
What’s next on my list!
Poland – Ukraine – Greece – Portugal – Turkey – Morocco – Egypt
Peace, love, and happy travels!