I’m Michelle, and I’m a 20-something Canadian currently living in Europe. I love travel, adventure, spontaneity, and I’m happiest when I’m at the beach.
I’m also an illustrator. I studied at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago on a scholarship, before deciding to ultimately get a BA in literature and languages. I spent a year teaching English in Germany, and now I’m currently doing my masters in political science, economics, and history through an inter-discinplary program called European-American Studies…in Germany! In between, I’ve also done lots and lots of travelling.
Having lived in five different countries, it was evident that I had become one of those wandering souls inflicted with wanderlust. Worse, I had become one of those backpackers who enjoy trailing off the beaten path for a good adventure (and story!).
So naturally, I made a travel blog.
Along the way I’ve…
- had my work appear in the Wall Street Journal
- sort of auditioned for a MTV reality show
- ate strange food in the night street markets in Beijing
- searched for enlightenment in the Temple of Heaven
- climbed the Great Wall of China
- snorkelled in the Great Barrier Reef
- drank copious amounts of goon in Australia
- got hired as a flight attendant
- sailed the Whitsundays
- was chosen to be in a beauty pageant
- been mistaken as a local in Paris
- attempted to climb the Swiss Alps
- discovered all the wonderful things an Amsterdam coffee shop has to offer…
And so much more. And of course all of the interesting stuff, I make sure I post on my blog, so thanks for checking me out.
Travelling isn’t hard, but letting go of everything that’s familiar can be. Remember, the only thing stopping you from your dreams is yourself. Overcome your fears, and you can do anything.
Peace, love, and happy travels!